July 28, 2011

Maggie's Story

[Thanks to Darwin Barton.]

Maggie lives alone and that’s fine by me but she says she gets scared sometimes at night. She’s always been a little prone to worry but the last thing that I want is for her to be in that big old house, terrified to come out so I told her to go to Http://WWW.Securitychoice.com and look into alarm systems.

She said she would, but she still asks me to come over and stay with her far more often than I’d like to and I think that since she’s a grown woman she needs to learn a little independence.

I wish she wasn’t so frightened and immature sometimes but I guess I don’t know what it’s like to be a single female living alone in a rather large house, either.

I try to be as sympathetic as possible and make sure she feels safe when I can help it, at least, but she knows not to call me past midnight – she tried that once and I’ve never let her hear the end of it since then!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Ma.gnolia
blogarama - the blog directory


Powered by WebRing®.

Business Affiliate ProgramsDiscountsPersonalsAdvertisingShopping




This blog is written by Michael J. Austin.
Created in Linux, with Open-Source software.
Contact me at: HarlequinMail @ GMail.com